Thursday, February 11, 2010

No. 42 Seventh Bed -Bed Week

Seventh Bed is the name I've given this, the seventh bed on the seventh day of Bed Week. I know, how do I name these pieces.


This bed represents an attempt to come back from the ultra minimalist platform beds of the past few days. It is minimal, without doubt, yet approachable. Soft curves welcome both eye and hand. I see it built in maple, adding light hues to the light feel of the bed.

Grab a pencil and paper and hold onto those drawings, because the new Furniture Design Blog will be rolling out soon. Stay tuned here for the latest.

2 comments:

Torch02 said...

Are all four posts the same height, making the "headboard/footboard" a reversible decision?

jamon schlimgen cabinetmaker said...

Yeah..um...sure, that's what I meant to do. Seriously though, the head/foot board heights are indeed the same. The reversible part was not intentional but is obviously possible, though I can't think of many reasons for such a need. (But that's just me)